Remember, the strategy and approach you took years ago to land your last job or start a business will need to change. Your quest will have to be based on the current economy and job market trends in your field in order to be relevant.
But one timeless approach is figuring out who are the individuals that are at the top of their game in your field?
- In the industry that interests you, where are these individuals working?
- What social-networking groups do they belong to or even follow?
- What conferences do they attend?
- What professional organizations are they aligned with?
- What nonprofit boards do they serve on?
- What are the hot topics in this space?
- How do these professionals stay relevant or current with trends?
- What do they read, or what programs do they watch?
- Where do they travel?
Learn from the best in your field. Then, study, observe and digest all that you can from those that are subject matter experts in your field. Don't assume that you think you know who they are. Because you don't know what you don't know! If you don’t have intelligent answers for any or all of the questions above, take a moment to do some research. In fact, mark this email and start your homework now!
You can also start by asking the question and engaging in discussion on any of the social media shares below... #executethedream
Get an accountability partner and tell a friend, to tell a friend!